Thursday, July 17, 2008

Slow Down, Captain Insano

Listen, I know that two blog posts in like a half-hour is probably overkill, but two things need to be brought to public attention.

A: This man is crazy and wonderful. If you don't like Mike Patton, you really have no place being on my blog. Get off my e-lawn, you damn kids.

B: Nachtmystium is now the band that I will recommend to people when they ask me "So, if I wanted to start listening to metal, what should I listen to first?" Now, if only someone would ASK that question, I'd be set.

Seriously, Nachtmystium is the weirdest, coolest metal band I have heard in ages. There's saxophones, and weird electronic blips and blorps, and classic black metal blastbeats, and sweet orchestral stuff that borders on George Crumb string works, and then occasionally there will be like a screamo chorus in the middle of things. I can't explain what's going on, other than to say that it's so awesome it hurts. Who would have thought that the most conventionally accessible metal record I've heard this year would be some underground Black Metal?

Ok. That's all for now.

No comments: