Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Noble Triangle

So I went home to Indianapolis over the weekend to see my parents and my girlfriend, pick up my guitar/some recording equipment, and, although I didn't know it at the time, develop an absolutely paralyzing addiction to LOST.

The reason that this is relevant? This weekend, my G/F and I devised and celebrated a new holiday, borne of being mutually strapped for cash and Christmas gift ideas. We call it January Doldrums, and we celebrate it in January, after all the holiday madness has died down and everyone is miserable because January sucks. It gives us a chance to both get some decent gift ideas and to cash in during the post-holiday sales. So, anyways, for your January Doldrums
enjoyment, here are Todd Meehan and Doug Perkins playing Nathan Davis' "Diving Bell" for amplified triangle and Max/MSP accompaniment. May you have a reasonably-priced Doldrums!

1 comment:

laurennel said...

First of all, LOST is probably the best waste of your time that I have found to this day.

Having said that, another great thing to occupy your time is listening to the album ACOUSTICA by Alarm Will Sound (playing Aphex Twin tracks). If you haven't heard the entire thing, let me know and I'll make a cd for you.

Really great blog by the way. I'm looking forward to following its development.